If you are deciding to start your own restaurant business (a pizzeria in particular) or if you intend to renovate the environment and machinery of your restaurant, you have certainly thought about how to diversify and improve the service, with the clear aim of also increasing the business as well as the image.
If the environment and furnishings represent the criteria with which to renew the “external” appearance of the restaurant, the choice of the type of oven will help to outline the type of cuisine and, often, also its 360° quality: this the oven turns out to be a fundamental element and worthy of attention.
In a pizzeria, whether it is specialized in sliced or round pizza, a primary factor to be evaluated concerns the type of professional machinery to be used for optimal cooking. Gas or electric (even tunnel models), there are several criteria to consider when choosing the oven:
- The ability to meet deadlines in the event of a large influx
- Quality and uniformity of cooking
- The type of product you want to offer to the customer
- The practicality of use (and therefore also the technical skills in reaching and maintaining the set temperature)
- The economy of management
In recent years in the international market of professional machinery, even in a strongly traditional country such as ours, the commercial electric oven for pizzerias is increasingly emerging: a solution capable of guaranteeing considerable practicality and speed of cooking, especially in all those contexts, where performance and quality must go hand in hand to guarantee optimal customer service.
Commercial electric pizza oven: how your way of working changes
Pizza makers need different tools (machinery, tools, etc.) and people (assistants) in the management of their work and therefore in the preparation of the dishes. Together with their skill and experience (and the quality that can characterize the ingredients), there is a third fundamental element that is able to help decisively, namely the professional oven, specifically the electric one.
It should be remembered and emphasized that having the non plus ultra of professional electric ovens currently on the market without manual skill, in-depth knowledge of flours and doughs and the availability of excellent raw materials, does not lead to pizzas being automatically of great taste. Tools and machinery play their part, but picking up Roger Federer’s tennis racket doesn’t get you to the top of the world circuit rankings.
This statement does not mean the opposite of what was explained above, but to point out a fact: a high quality oven does its job at its best, that is cooking, if handled and cared for by skilled hands and if the product / pizza is qualitatively high in terms of ingredients.
Taking these aspects for granted, how can a commercial electric oven change your job? To say it directly and simply:
- simplifies and optimizes cooking
- it can also be used by those who are less experienced
- allows you to modulate and adjust the temperature of the top and floor (in the electric tunnel models it is also possible to set the speed of the conveyor belt)
It also does not require the high level of maintenance and cleaning of a traditional wood-burning or gas oven, but this aspect will be explored further on. Practicality and ease of use are the keywords with which an electric oven for professional pizzeria can change the job in your place.
Cooking quality: the performance of commercial electric ovens
The commercial electric oven is generally more flexible and precise in the cooking phase than the gas or wood counterparts. In the professional field, the models designed for the pizzeria sector are able to reach and maintain the desired temperature in an excellent way thanks to quality refractory materials and technological solutions that are easy to handle.
Beyond its functionality, the result that most interests customers, and consequently the owners of the premises, is the final product, or pizza. As explained above, an oven alone does not make a dish excellent, quality is a mixture of factors in which raw materials, experience and skills enter. Therefore, those who affirm the undisputed supremacy of a wood-burning oven and its tradition are wrong, because if the other elements are missing, a mediocre if not bad result will inevitably emerge. Wood can bring that well-known and appreciated smoke, but it doesn’t work miracles.
The electric pizza oven brings with it numerous advantages: extremely adjustable and modular cooking, it is capable of reaching the same temperatures as its wood and gas “brothers” (pizza requires very high levels). All these types of ovens are able to produce excellent results, but only the cooking carried out by the electric one can be defined as truly uniform and precise, as explained in the following comparison:
- In a wood-fired model, the baked pizza immediately causes a lowering of the temperature of the floor due to the humidity introduced and the interruption of irradiation. This involves, during any evening of work in the kitchen, fluctuating and not always constant performance of the oven (with associated breaks for wood, waiting for the temperature to return, etc.)
- The electrical counterpart, on the other hand, generally consisting of a rectangular cooking chamber, develops the heat through the electric resistances on the base and the top (both adjustable in different ways). In this way, the baked pizza cooks in contact with the refractory stone and by irradiation of the walls and the top, which never suffer drops in temperature.
Are you looking for the right professional electric oven for your business?
The ability to independently adjust the heat of the resistances allows you to standardize and customize cooking, a result that wood or gas ovens are unable to achieve. The goodness of the product does not change substantially compared to the other two (which also have their unique peculiarities), but only the electric pizza oven is able to guarantee optimal and uniform cooking thanks to the ability to manage the temperature.
Professional effectiveness for the benefit of the customer and therefore of the place
Ease of use, practicality and uniform cooking are clear and decisive advantages for any restaurant business, especially for the pizzeria, as the resulting effectiveness and quality can make customers and owners happy. To these is added another factor that can be inserted among the advantages, namely the possibility of customizing the size of the professional oven to meet the numerical needs of the room.
On the market you can find modular professional models, from 1 to 3 or more chambers, in which it is possible to cook up to 10-15 pizzas at the same time and therefore respond quickly to orders even in the case of intense flows. It is not necessary to keep them all on: during the end of the service or on weekdays (usually with a small number of customers) you can use only one or 2 rooms, saving energy (and therefore money).
In this case, the optimization of cooking offered by a professional electric oven also translates into improved productivity and exemplary timing management: all-round efficiency for the benefit of customers, owners and even pizza makers.
Less structurally binding maintenance and installation
Opting for a commercial electric oven for professional pizzeria in your restaurant means discovering that usability does not only concern the simple use of the machine, but also its installation and maintenance. Two aspects that require much less attention and effort than wood or gas models and which fall within the qualities of electric models: practicality and effectiveness.
- It does not burn fuel and there are no residues to collect and throw away (such as ash, sawdust, etc.).
- It does not require the installation of systems to reduce potentially polluting fine dust and to purify soot, fumes and odors.
- As for gas models (and unlike wood-burning ones) it does not require masonry construction or the installation of a flue (which is often not even feasible in certain contexts or can only be obtained at exorbitant costs), but it can be also moved and relocated in case of renewal of the premises or removals.
- It does not need a space to transport and store the wood.
The professional electric oven is always clean, requires minimal and quick care to perform, distinguishing itself for its simplicity and practicality at the service of the pizzeria.